Fáilte Ireland have recently invited local tourism businesses, individuals, tourism and community group members, and all other interested parties to be part of the creation of a ‘Connemara / Aran Islands Visitor Experience Development Plan’.
This new Experience Development Plan aims to help ensure continued growth in visitor numbers to the region and will also help to extend the season and spread business to our smaller nearby villages.
The assist they have been receiving from the Chamber of Commerce and other community groups and representatives has been to:
- Identify the ‘Hero’ (or unique) Experiences that set the Connemara Coast & Aran Islands apart from other places;
- Discover how your business or interest in tourism connects with the Wild Atlantic Way;
- Gain a better understanding of the barriers to successfully develop tourism in Connemara and the Aran Islands;
- Define a list of new products and packages to deliver the Hero Experiences and;
- How you might define your own ‘signature experience’ and to maximise the opportunities presented by the Wild Atlantic Way experience brand.
A full schedule of workshops and “drop ins” were conducted.
We now await the publication of the plan.