Buttermilk Lodge is a warm and friendly home away from home. Purpose-built for modern comfort on a quiet and sheltered hillside, we’re just a 400 meter (5 minute) walk to Clifden Town, the capital of Connemara. You can park your car in our paved car park and walk to town. There is private safe parking for motorbikes and bicycles to the rear of the house.
Buttermilk Lodge is registered with Fáilte Ireland as a 3-Star Guesthouse (similar in standards to a 3 Star Hotel). We have been listed in several guides and have received numerous awards.
Our guesthouse offers:
- All the comforts of home: Hotel Standards at B&B prices!
- A smoke-free home
- Excellent freshly cooked breakfasts from an extensive menu and home baking
- Complimentary tea, coffee and homemade cake on arrival
- A computer for guests’ use with high speed internet access and printer
- WiFi broadband internet throughout the house
- Multi-channel TVs
- Ample parking and just a 5 minute walk to town
- Guest lounge with real turf fire, accessible to guests at all times, with complimentary tea & coffee facilities, original art, books, games, etc.
- Early breakfasts, packed lunches and laundry service all available
- 2017 : Open February 17 to October 31, 2017
- Reasonable rates with special offers for 3 nights or more when you book directly with us.