In 2018 a tourism masterplan for Connemara and the Islands was developed under Fáilte Ireland. It was a first of its kind by Fáilte Ireland and has since spawned similar plans all along the Wild Atlantic Way and further afield.
Q1 2022 saw an in-depth review was conducted to see the progress of the Connemara and the Islands Tourism Masterplan (or VEDPs) as they are now known.
Now, four years into the five-year plan
- Out of 111 Actions in the Master Plan, almost 80% is either complete or in progress
- For CAITN three major highlights stand out:
- The value of cooperation and collaboration
- The tourist season was extending
- Substantial progress on the Connemara Greenway
– View the Full Interim Progress Report Here (English) >>
– View the Full Interim Progress Report Here (Irish) >>
Where to Next ….
- COVID-19 demonstrated how valuable the tourism sector is to our regional economy
- Reboot – One year left we need collective shoulders to the wheel
- Refocus – 20% of the plan to get over the line, Priorities identified
- Continue great energy by CAITN members in championing particular actions
- More champions welcome!
See photos below from the recent report launch on Arainn / Inis Mór – 8th March 2022
Photos: Fáilte Ireland