13th of May 3.00pm to 4.15pm
- Reps from Galway County Council
- Reps from Connemara Chamber of Commerce Committee
- 254 Licences
- Results of recent survey discussed.
- Clarity given by Galway County Council on 254 licenses
- 254 licences are issued to cover public owned spaces only e.g. car park spaces
- Licenses cover items that are fully removable at close of business such as:
- Table and Chairs
- Wind breakers / Surrounds
- Temporary base
- Number of applications sent to the council is 12 at present.
- Licenses may be issued until the end of 2021
- Awnings and Canopies do not require planning permission from 30th April to 31st December 2021
- Successful applicants will be notified by the Council by Tuesday 18th of May at the latest
- Parking Optimisation
- The issue of parking spaces in the town was discussed – staff and owners parking outside their own businesses all day long.
- The Chamber is in discussion with Kavanagh’s SuperValu Clifden and Connemara Pony Breeders Society in regards to offering additional parking to be made available to Clifden business owners and staff during the high season